You can probably find a dozen ways to cook a spaghetti squash on the internet. This is my favorite!
Why? Well, because cutting a raw spaghetti squash is hard, and I value my fingers. The stab-and-microwave method is also pretty easy, but I don’t like cooking food in the microwave for any length of time, and my microwave is only big enough for a small squash. This method works for any size squash. And requires practically no work!
Ready? Here we go!
1. Wash squash and remove any stickers.
2. Heat oven to 400 degrees and place whole squash in the oven for 1 hour (more or less, depending on size of squash).
3. Slice squash in half from top to bottom, like so:
4. Let cool about 10 minutes. Then, gently scrape out seeds with a spoon.
5. Use a fork to separate the strands of squash.
6. Enjoy! Use as you would use regular spaghetti!
Melissa Groves, RDN