Are you interested in fitness, but struggling with hormone imbalances?
I was super excited to share what I know recently with Lacey Dunn, MS, RD, LD, CPT (@faithandfit) on her podcast UpliftFit Nutrition.
There can be a very fine line between getting enough exercise and getting too much exercise for YOUR body.
So, we talked about some of the most common issues I see, how to get some answers for yourself, and how to troubleshoot if you think your lifestyle may be the cause of your hormone imbalances.
Losing your periods (hypothalamic amenorrhea) is a sure sign that you’re either exercising too much or not eating enough.
Topics we addressed included:
- The role of estrogen & progesterone in metabolism
- Natural ways to balance your hormone with nutrition & lifestyle changes
- Is it low progesterone, high estrogen, or both?
- A realistic approach to nutrition & lifestyle for PCOS
- Testosterone, DHEA & sex hormone binding globulin – what are they & what to do if they’re off
- Why I love the DUTCH test for getting answers so we can customize an approach based on YOUR personal hormone status
I had so much fun chatting with Lacey and I’m sure you’re going to love the info she shares, too! I get a ton of great feedback from ladies who found me via this podcast episode!
Find the podcast here:
- Listen on UpliftFit.org
- Find it on iTunes & all the other usual Podcast places (search for episode 93)
Melissa Groves, RDN, LD
I’m a huge fan of the DUTCH Test for getting answers about YOUR hormone issues. If you’re looking some help figuring out what YOU should do to balance your hormones, learn more about working with me here.